Alex is a registered patent attorney and has helped clients from small tech startups to established multinational corporations maximize and protect their intellectual property. He brings in-depth, specialized knowledge when litigating intellectual property disputes. Among his successes, he has:
- Represented multigenerational Midwest companies and companies throughout the United States in several industries, enforcing and protecting their patent, copyright, and trademark rights against competitors
- Helped technology startups leverage intellectual property to grow and become market leaders
- Defended companies against patent claims and helped clients get back to business
- Pursued copyright infringement claims on behalf of software developers against multiple Minnesota governmental entities
- Handled trademark registration matters, patent applications, patent licensing, copyright management, and prosecution
Alex is admitted to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, United States District Court for the District of Minnesota, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Alex is a graduate of the William Mitchell College of Law (now the Mitchell Hamline College of Law). He completed his undergraduate studies at Drake University, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts.
- Participating member of the Licensing Executives Society, the leading association for intellectual property, technology, and business development professionals
- Volunteers with the Pro Se project, a program of the United States District Court, District of Minnesota and the Federal Bar Association, Minnesota Chapter, which provides legal counsel to pro se litigants
- Recipient of a merit-based Presidential Scholarship from Drake University