As a founding partner of Hellmuth & Johnson, David has been creating strategic advantages for clients since the firm’s inception. He works with a diverse group of small, medium, and large businesses, primarily assisting in the real estate, corporate, collection/creditor remedies, banking, and finance arena. David also represents several condominium and townhouse associations.
“Whether it’s a commercial transaction or litigation, the pleasure of my job comes from using my skills, not just to achieve the desired results, but to go beyond them,” says David. His record of success has earned him the trust of clients throughout the business community. It has also made him a sought-after speaker and lecturer on topics in his practice areas and won him recognition outside the legal realm.
David received a Juris Doctor, graduating cum laude from William Mitchell College of Law (now Mitchell Hamline College of Law). During law school, David studied comparative European community law at Regents College in London, England. He earned a Bachelor of Science from the Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota.
- Chief author and co-editor of the quarterly publication The Authority on Community Association Law
- Chosen for inclusion in the Minnesota Super Lawyer list annually since 2005, which is an honor bestowed on only 5% of Minnesota attorneys
- Named “Small Business Person of the Year” by the Eden Prairie Chamber of Commerce in 2006
- Serves on the board of directors for a local bank
- Served as chair and member of the Minnesota Chapter of the Community Associations Institute Board of Directors
- Longtime member of the Hazeltine National Golf Club
- Former president of the Phi Kappa Psi fraternity during college
- Community Association Seminar Fall 2016
- Community Association Seminar Spring 2017
- Community Association Seminar Fall 2017
- Community Association Seminar Spring 2018
- Community Association Legal Updates Spring 2013
- Real Estate Arbitrations
- Financial Professionals Lunch and Learn
- Community Association Legal Updates Fall 2013
- Community Association Legal Updates Spring 2014
- Community Association Legal Updates: Fall 2014
- Community Association Legal Updates: Spring 2015
- Community Association 2015 Fall Seminar
- Community Association Spring 2016 Seminar
- Business Owner Transition - Are you prepared?
- Real Estate Commissions: CE & CLE Seminar