Timothy O. Davis is a partner with the firm and chair of the estate planning practice group. His practice is focused on assisting both individual and business clients in the areas of:
- Estate planning
- Probate and trust law
- Business succession planning
- Asset protection strategies
Tim helps clients with estates of all sizes and complexities achieve their planning objectives. For the past forty years, he has represented clients in Probate, Trust Administration and Conservatorship matters throughout the seven county metro area Probate Courts.
Clients are often confused by the complexity of the trusts and estates area of law. Drawing on decades of knowledge and experience, Tim helps clients navigate the legal issues by explaining:
- How the probate and trust law applies to client circumstances
- Use of estate, gift, and fiduciary tax exemptions to minimize or eliminate taxes
- How wealth can be transferred efficiently and to the best advantage of beneficiaries
- How to successfully transfer a family owned business from one generation to another
- How changes in estate and gift tax laws affect client estate plans
- The use of the Medical Assistance rules to benefit clients
Perhaps the best testimony to the quality of Tim’s work is the large number of referrals he receives from clients. “I am proud of the longevity I have with my client relationships,” adds Tim. “The fact that so many of my clients have stuck with me is a tremendous honor, and one I am able to repay in part by being there for them at every stage of the process from estate planning through estate administration, as well as in business succession and asset protection.”
Tim obtained his J.D. from Hamline University School of Law, and completed his undergraduate studies at Moorhead State University with a B.A. in Social Work.
- Tim is AV® Peer Review Rated -- the highest possible Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
- Licensed to practice law in the State and Federal District Courts of Minnesota.
- Member of the Hennepin County and Minnesota State Bar Associations, with long term participation in the Probate and Trust, Real Estate and Medical Assistance sections.
- Former trust officer with Richfield Bank & Trust Company and National City Bank of Minneapolis.
- Appointed as one of six Adjunct Judicial Officers (AJO) in September 2011 as part of a Hennepin County pilot program designed to ease the burden on the judiciary. AJOs are volunteer attorneys who serve as referees in uncontested guardian and conservatorship matters.
- Served in the Peace Corp in India from 1970 until 1972.
- Served for three years as District Advancement Chair for the Boy Scouts.
- Steps to Protect Hard-Earned Assets
- Estate Planning for Everyone
- The New Minnesota Trust Code Two Part Seminar
Thank you again for your expertise regarding our estate planning. You were very good at explaining everything to us. We’ll definitely recommend you to friends and family!Jennifer
Thank you for your expertise and services. I am well pleased.Vivian
Thank you so much for handling all my problems concerning my father’s home, I couldn’t have done it without you. Your kindness and understanding was refreshing and helpful.Pam
Tim, words cannot express how much I appreciate all of the work you did for my mother. I believe that she would not be with me now if she had had anyone else working on her behalf. The compassion, dedication, and the patience that you exhibited while working with her was, and is, unusual and exemplary – and, truly “above and beyond the call of duty.”Sharon
We wish to express our appreciation for the prompt and professional serviced directed toward the implementation of a Revocable Trust Agreement for each of us. We were both impressed with the attention to detail, prompt reply to our questions, and timely returned telephone calls. These are all professional qualities that I don’t always experience when dealing with law firms. We enjoyed meeting and working briefly with your staff. It looks and feels like you have assembled a professional and effective team.Gary
We appreciate your commitment to providing excellent legal services and making us always feel comfortable in working with you and your staff, answering our questions to our complete satisfaction and keeping us informed throughout the process. We appreciate your thoroughness on all issues and will recommend you to our friends and family because of your efficiency, promptness, and helpfulness on issues.Delores
We were provided very detailed guidance concerning matters of significance to our family’s future. We appreciated the Flat Fee arrangement.Bob
The services were timely, complete and comprehensive. We were always treated with honesty and respect.Marietta
We were comfortable with the atmosphere, surroundings, professionalism, and knowledge shown by Tim Davis, Mary Miller, and Wendy Long.Steve
Tim Davis is very thorough and an excellent communicator.Lori