Construction Defects & Warranties
Actions have consequences. Construction defects can have a catastrophic impact on people’s lives. When they are discovered, it is imperative to act quickly and effectively to mitigate the consequences.
We are one of Minnesota’s largest construction defects practices, led by top construction defect attorneys who bring extensive experience defending claims on behalf of residential and commercial clients to the firm. We work closely with homeowners, community associations and business owners, as well as banks and other commercial property holders to determine responsibility and achieve resolution.
Our experience spans a broad variety of highly technical construction defects, including structural failures, flat work heaving, water leaks/stucco failure, roofing defects as well as heating and cooling defects. We also handle appeals for existing clients and for clients initially represented by other attorneys.
Our attorneys write extensively on issues related to construction defects, and regularly present to members of the design profession, contractor organizations, real estate agents, homeowners and community associations, property managers and others. Backed by the resources of a full service law firm, our attorneys also draw on the firm’s broad experience in related areas from construction, real estate and community associations, to business and litigation.
We invite anyone with a construction defect issue or warranty question to contact us for a free, in-depth initial consultation with one of our experienced construction litigation attorneys. You can also check out our free download, A Homeowner's Guide to Construction Defect, Water Infiltration & Residential Stucco Cases.
Questions? Contact us or request a meeting.
- Defect investigations
- Arbitration, mediation, and other alternative dispute resolutions
- Coordination of experts, inspectors and engineers
- Statute of limitations analysis
- Estimate coordination to assist property owners with understanding the loss or repair of any defects
- Contractor recovery fund claims
- Warranty claims
- Insurance claims
- Hellmuth & Johnson Attorneys Named to 2018 Minnesota Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists 07.05.18
- Chris Jones Interviewed on KARE-11, Shares Three Things to Know if Buying a Flipped House 05.15.18
- Kayla Giese joins Hellmuth & Johnson as litigation attorney 01.31.18
- Hellmuth & Johnson attorneys named to the 2017 Minnesota Super Lawyers and Rising Stars lists 07.05.17
- Hellmuth & Johnson adds two new attorneys 01.21.13
- Contractual Obligations to Indemnify and Insure 06.01.13
- I just do that?..This covered?..DOLI’s Labor Lost..A Delicious Aroma 11.15.12
- Good News on Insurance Claims Bill...Legislature Responds Favorably 06.15.12
- Potential Legislation would affect Independent Contractor Exemption 03.01.12
- Contract Termination … IRS “Safe Harbor” for Misclassified Employees? 11.15.11