Farm Transition Planning
Transitioning a farm from one generation to the next – whether the new generation is related or not – is among the biggest challenges facing the agriculture industry today. Transitioning farmers need comprehensive advice in several areas, including estate planning, real estate, leasing, agricultural law and agricultural programs, business entity formation, and taxes.
While assembling these myriad resources may seem like a daunting task, Hellmuth & Johnson's farm succession attorneys provide assistance in all of these areas. Backed by the power of a full-service law firm, our highly skilled attorneys will collaborate with each other and partner with your trusted business advisors to tailor a succession plan that best suits your needs.
Our Farm Transition team includes:
- Terry Moore, Certified by the International Farm Transition Network as a Farm Sucession Coordinator
- Earl Cohen
- Tim Davis
- Rachel Dahl
- Michael Klemm
Questions? Contact us or request a meeting.
- Estate planning
- Real estate transfers
- Tax advice
- Business entity formation
- Corporate farm law advice
- Rachel Dahl presents on panel at Practical Farmers of Iowa Annual Conference 01.22.18
- Rachel Dahl speaks at "Map of My Kingdom" farm transition planning event 11.13.17
- Rachel Dahl to present during webinar on "Farm Transfer Planning for the Next Generation" 10.16.17
- Rachel Dahl talks conservation and trust & estate planning with "The Practical Blog" 05.11.17
- Rachel Dahl presents on Farm Succession Planning at SFA-MN Annual Conference 01.18.17
- Terry Moore and Susan Stokes quoted on farm transition in Post Bulletin 11.14.16
- Terry Moore commented on farm transitions in agrinews.com 11.11.16
- Susan Stokes and Terry Moore to speak on farm transitions 11.01.16