Mergers & Acquisitions
Complex transactions demand coordinated focus. Our Minneapolis-based mergers and acquisitions lawyers help clients buy, sell and merge companies in a wide range of M&A transactions. From front-end strategic planning and structuring, to successful closings, we stop at nothing to assist you in the process.
We have represented clients in a wide range of industries, from service to manufacturing and distribution, with a particular concentration in real estate and construction, healthcare, technology, printing, publishing, entertainment and hospitality. Our clients include the full array of business organizations, from entrepreneurs and small businesses to multinational public companies. We represent buyers and sellers, as well as lenders and other providers of financing. Each and every client is given the personal care and attention they deserve, and no transaction is too small or too large for our seasoned attorneys to handle.
Our mergers and acquisitions team is intimately aware that, for many of our clients, a purchase or sale transaction is one of the most important events in their business lives. Consequently, we remain zealously focused on achieving our clients’ transactional goals while consistently exceeding their expectations in each and every transaction. At Hellmuth & Johnson, each transaction receives the personal attention and supervision of veteran partners. Collectively, our attorneys have represented clients in transactions involving billions of dollars.
Our attorneys have served not only in private practice, but also as in-house counsel. We understand the sophisticated legal and business challenges each transaction presents. We have first-hand experience, in both acquisitions and divestitures, as both outside and inside counsel, for both the acquiring company and target. Collectively, our mergers and acquisitions attorneys bring a unique depth and breadth of experience and perspective to our clients and their deals.
Our firm is passionately committed to delivering the highest quality of services with a level of efficiency and responsiveness that is unmatched by our competition. Our deal teams are assembled to include all necessary capabilities, and we efficiently manage any additional resources that a unique transaction may require.
Questions? Contact us or request a meeting.
- Assisting clients with sales and acquisitions transactions of stock or assets
- Assisting with preparatory due diligence matters
- Negotiating with brokers
- Structuring transactions to maintain confidentiality
- Negotiating, coordinating, and properly documenting transactions
- Data room assistance
- Assisting clients with recapitalizations and other corporate restructuring transactions
- Advising clients in connection with joint venture transactions
- Counseling clients on leveraged buyout and management buyout transactions
- Attorney at Law Magazine cover story features Chad Johnson and tells how Hellmuth & Johnson became a top Minnesota law firm 01.16.18
- Hellmuth & Johnson continues growth with three associate new hires 10.11.17
- Alec C. Sherod joins Hellmuth & Johnson's growing Business and Corporate Transactions Group 02.06.17