Intellectual property is a tangible asset – and perhaps your most valuable one. Nothing is more powerful than a big idea – or more vulnerable if left unprotected. Consequently, we created our intellectual property practice to prevent the theft, loss and misuse of intellectual property. We foster the development of your brands, products, business processes and creative assets, enabling you to secure and realize their full value. Our intellectual property attorneys in Minneapolis wield deep experience in this high-stakes and highly complex area of law.
Working with new and established brands alike, our intellectual property lawyers focus on the development, documentation, protection and proper uses of intellectual property assets, including trademarks, patents, copyrights, and trade secrets. From patent defense to trademarks and copyrights, Hellmuth & Johnson's intellectual property attorneys can help protect your business or idea from theft and misuse.
Our clients receive solid legal advice regarding IP creation, ownership, exploitation and revenue generation — whether through their own direct business activities, or licenses, assignments or joint ventures with others. Our IP attorneys in Minneapolis also provide due diligence and guidance in mergers and acquisitions related to intellectual property assets, as well as business deals between the target and acquirer or suitor.
Drawing on our transactional and litigation experience in IP matters, our intellectual property lawyers negotiate and draft agreements to proactively avoid misunderstandings, breaches and disputes. If a problem arises involving an intellectual property asset or agreement, we work closely with our clients to help evaluate options, then implement a plan to achieve the best possible solution. We also know how to resolve disputes in every forum, agency, panel, arbitration setting or courtroom. Your ideas are too valuable for us to offer you anything less.
Questions? Contact us or request a meeting.
- Review & advise on IP assets; from formation & ownership to use, licensing & sales
- Copyright & Trademark registration, documentation and maintenance
- Contract drafting and review
- Trade secret and non-competition/non-disclosure evaluation and enforcement
- IP audits and infringement assessments
- Assessing exploitation opportunities and partners
- Enforcement of licenses, assignments, transfers and related royalty/revenue terms
- Arbitrations, litigation and representation before the USPTO or Copyright Registrar
- Patent litigation
- Mergers & Acquisitions due diligence and deal drafting