Divorce Litigation from Start to Finish
About this seminar
Your Guide to Navigating the Court System in a Divorce Case
Much has been said about the issues discussed in divorce. But what about the procedure? Are you intimately familiar with all the "musts" and "must-not's" of family court? Let our seasoned attorney faculty walk you through a detailed step-by-step instruction on the mechanics of a divorce case. Streamline your motions practice and explore new and time-tried discovery techniques. Get sample forms and tactical tips to make your next case go more smoothly for you and the client. Register today!
- Get a refresher on how the divorce case moves through the court system to ensure no key steps are missed.
- Get a head-start on the case with sound advice for your client on what to do before announcing the decision to the spouse.
- Enhance your early investigation skills and learn when and how to decline representation.
- Make certain your initial court filings are impeccable to make the right impression on the judge.
- Explore the latest tools and sources in divorce e-discovery.
- Gain strategic tips for the timing and content of your pre-trial motions to give them maximum force.
- Review the process of obtaining protective orders in cases involving domestic violence.
- Augment substantive knowledge with clear understanding and mastery of the court mechanics and classic litigation strategy.
- Find out how the courts treat requests for support modification.
- Divorce Case Intake and Pre-Litigation Tactics
- Commencing Divorce Action
- Discovery Procedure
- Pre-Trial Motions Practice and Settlement Strategies
- Trial of a Divorce Case
- Enforcement and Post-Trial Modifications
Beth Wiberg Barbosa, Hellmuth & Johnson
Naomi S. Garfinkel, Garfinkel Marsh LLC
Zachary P. Marsh, Garfinkel Marsh LLC
Is this seminar for you?
This divorce law course is designed for attorneys. Paralegals may also benefit from attending.
No upcoming seminars.