Banking, Finance & Workout
Seeing the big picture is a huge advantage. Practice members not only know banking and finance law, we know how it applies in business, real estate and the other areas where you make your money. That’s how we bring value; not by duplicating what you know, but by adding our expertise so that you can meet every legal challenge effectively, confidently and cost-efficiently.
In matters of banking, finance and workouts, we know all the moving parts. Hellmuth & Johnson represents state and federally chartered institutions of all sizes, along with asset-based lenders, finance companies and mortgage lenders. We also serve borrowers – including individuals and businesses – in commercial loans and credit transactions. Our work includes document negotiation and preparation, ongoing legal counseling, and representation of banks and other financial institutions in employment matters, insurance claims, construction defect matters and many other areas where their business and legal interests intersect.
While our practice encompasses banking, finance and workouts, our expertise goes well beyond them. The firm’s uniquely collaborative nature activates our collective resources across practice areas, including Litigation, Construction, Real Estate, Emerging Business and more. Our ability to work across departmental lines is a distinct asset, which our clients access every day.
- Commercial and residential loan transactions
- Preparation of loan documents, security agreements, and related lender documents
- Litigation of loan document disputes of all kinds
- Evictions and receivership litigation
- Representation of creditors in bankruptcy court, including lift stay auction and adversary proceedings
- Asset-based loan transactions
- Loan restructuring and workouts
- Loan enforcement, foreclosure and collection activities
- First party insurance and construction defect claims related to bank-held properties