Real Estate Law
We’re well-grounded in real estate law. Only a limited number of attorneys in Minnesota are Board Certified Real Property Law Specialists. Yet the Real Estate Law Practice at Hellmuth & Johnson boasts five of them. This distinction reflects our commitment to excellence – yet it’s hardly our only credential.
Our attorneys’ record of success in providing sophisticated legal services and advocacy made Hellmuth & Johnson a recognized authority among both buyers and sellers of real estate. Our roster of clients includes developers, individuals, families and business entities throughout Minnesota, and we represent them across the spectrum of real estate law.
Our attorneys undertake transactional matters in these areas:
- Community associations: We represent associations themselves as well as property managers, service providers, builders and developers of condominiums, townhomes, single-family communities and cooperative associations.
- Commercial real estate: We represent a wide range of clients in acquisitions and sales, commercial and retail leasing, landlord matters and zoning and permitting.
- Land development: Our work includes financing for multifamily and retail development, new construction projects and environmental matters.
- Purchase Agreements
Hellmuth & Johnson’s collaborative structure also assures ready access to additional services if needed, from bankruptcy and litigation to industry-specific practices. It’s part of a culture that provides our clients with unparalleled knowledge, free-flowing resources and seize-the-moment responsiveness.
- Boundary disputes
- Construction contracts
- Construction defects
- Contracts for deed
- Creditor remedies and collections
- Deeds and easements
- Defense of commerce complaints
- For sale by owner
- Foreclosure and cancellation
- Land use
- Like kind or 1031 exchanges
- Misrepresentation of buyers/sellers in fraud action
- Mortgage foreclosures
- Multifamily housing including townhouse, condominium and community association law
- New construction
- Quiet title actions
- Real estate backed financing; residential and commercial mortgages
- Torrens issues, including land registration proceedings
- Unlawful detainers and evictions
- David Hellmuth Quoted in Finance & Commerce on Commercial Real Estate Law 04.15.13
- The "Close but NO Cigar" Case 11.15.12
- Don't get caught in the storm ... Property Damage Insurance Claims 06.15.12
- Property Owner's Guide - New MN Bad Faith Law for Insurance Claims 03.01.12
- Purchasing Investment Properties in Community Assocs: Tips and Traps 11.15.11