With over 10 years of legal and business experience in the areas of corporate, finance, securities, and real estate law, Stephen provides clients with attentive and professional legal service. He has served as corporate and transactional counsel to a number of successful companies across many different industries and has developed deep technical and practical experience through a variety of business and banking transactions. His clients include counties, cities, developers, local businesses, banks, and individuals in both transactional and litigated matters. He relies on his experience and common business sense to provide creative solutions for clients.
Stephen focuses his practice in general corporate law, investor and broker dealer representation, commercial transactions, compliance, employment, business succession planning, real estate acquisition, real estate development, and real estate litigation.
Some attorneys get so lost in the analysis of the tiny details that they lose sight of the heart of the matter, common business sense, and the most efficient resolution of an issue. Stephen realizes that there are many ways to solve a problem; he finds that creative solutions often provide the most efficient and beneficial result for the client.
He is licensed to practice in Minnesota and Texas.
Stephen earned a Juris Doctor and a Certificate in Dispute Resolution from Hamline University Law School (now Mitchell Hamline School of Law), where he was on the Dean's honor roll. He received his undergraduate degree from St. John's University, where he majored in Political Science and Economics and was a member of the Economics Honor Society.
- Member of the Minnesota and Texas bar associations
- Recipient of the Star Award from Fidelity Investments (2014)
- Vice President of Christian Legal Society (2016-present)
- Member of the following boards of directors:
- St. John's University Alumni Association (2016-present)
- Christian Legal Society (2016-present)
- Minnesota Center for Rural Policy and Development (2008-2009)
- Government Relations Board, North Hennepin Chamber of Commerce (2008-2011)
- City of Victoria Business Association (2017-present)
- Member of the Sensible Land Use Coalition (2008-2011)
- Member of the Southwest Metro Chamber of Commerce (2017-present)