Karen’s years of experience working for the courts—analyzing submissions for judges and administrators and observing litigation from a neutral point of view—bear directly on her work as a litigation, ERISA, and employment law attorney at Hellmuth & Johnson.
“I understand what works and what doesn’t when people present themselves to a judge, agency, or other adjudicative body,” says Karen, “and I became an attorney with Hellmuth & Johnson to apply the knowledge and skills that I gained in service of the court system on behalf of those on the other side of the bench.”
“In litigation, you have few opportunities to present your arguments and point of view to the decision maker,” explains Karen, “and I know how to make those chances count whether in written submissions or through court appearances.”
Karen graduated from Wellesley College with a B.A. in Geology & International Relations, and earned her J.D. from the University of Iowa College of Law.
- Certified in 2007 as a Licensed Attorney in the Minnesota Supreme Court
- Member of the Minnesota State Bar Association
- Member of the Ramsey County Bar Association
- Former Staff Attorney to the Civil Division of Minnesota’s Fourth Judicial District
- Former Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Susan M. Robiner in the Fourth Judicial District of Minnesota
- Writer and editor for the Iowa Law Review