Jack’s legal practice is focused in the areas of banking, commercial and agricultural finance, commercial collections, and business litigation. He has been providing litigation, transactional and legal consulting services and advice to financial institutions, businesses and individuals since 1999. Jack is licensed in Minnesota and California state and federal courts, and has also litigated cases in North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Illinois, New York, Oregon, Nevada, Texas, and internationally.
Regarding the financial services industry, Jack provides a full spectrum of legal services related to commercial and agricultural lending, including drafting all manner of loan documents and assisting with every detail of the finance transaction. He also assists his clients with loan workouts of every dimension. Jack has almost two decades of experience handling every facet of the loan recovery and commercial collections process, including litigation and obtaining judgments, commencing receivership proceedings and representing receivers, as well as commercial mortgage and UCC security interest foreclosure proceedings. He competently and efficiently handles all manner of post-judgment collections actions, from traditional debt and judgment collections to successfully pursuing high stakes and highly complex multi-state and multi-million dollar fraudulent transfer actions. Jack also protects and asserts creditors’ rights in bankruptcy, including bringing adversary proceedings and getting bankruptcies terminated without discharge due to fraud. He has substantial trial and appellate experience with a very high success rate.
On the commercial and business side, Jack consults and advises on corporate formality compliance and maintenance, and serves as outside general counsel. He also has been successfully litigating all manner of commercial disputes and shareholder disputes and buy-outs since 1999, including complex partnership fraud and misappropriation actions.
Outside of the office, Jack enjoys spending time with family and friends, golfing, fishing, mountain biking and skiing.
Jack earned his J.D. from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles in 1999, where he obtained the American Jurisprudence Award in the subject of Legal Remedies, and was a member of the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office Internship Program from 1997-1998. Jack completed his undergraduate studies at the University of California, San Diego in 1994, where he earned a B.A. in Political Science and minored in Economics and History.
- Licensed to practice in California State Court since 1999.
- Licensed to practice in United States District Court, Central District of California since 1999.
- Licensed to practice in Minnesota State Court since 2000.
- Licensed to practice in United States District Court, District of Minnesota since 2005.
- Admitted to practice Pro Hac Vice in North Dakota, South Dakota, Illinois, and Nevada.
- Member of the Minnesota State Bar Association.
- Member of the Hennepin County Bar Association.
- Member of the California State Bar Association.
- Member of the American Bar Association.
- Associate Member of Independent Community Bankers of Minnesota.
- Has made several industry presentations on banking and business topics, including:
- “Top 10 Loan Document Drafting Tips”
- “Effectively Recovering Collateral and Dealing with Competing Creditors’ Claims”
- “Bankruptcy Must-Knows for Lenders”
- “Business Succession Planning”
- “Avoiding/Dealing with Shareholder Disputes in Closely-Held Entities”