Denise Yegge Tataryn practices in the employment law area and devotes a substantial portion of her practice to clients seeking long-term disability benefits and other employee benefits. Denise has been practicing in the employment law area for over 25 years and gained a special expertise with ERISA (Employee Retirement Income Security Act) while working with the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation. Since then her ERISA legal practice focuses on assisting claimants through every stage of the claim, including strategic planning before filing a claim, appealing and litigating denied claims, and assisting with ongoing claims and lump sum settlements.
“Generally speaking, ERISA is unfriendly to plaintiffs. In order to prevail, an attorney has to be both detail-oriented and passionate,” explains Denise. “The earlier a claimant seeks assistance, the better, given the complexities of ERISA and its many pitfalls.”
In addition to successfully representing hundreds of disabled clients, Denise practices a wide range of general employment law, representing clients in matters ranging from discrimination to employment contract, non-compete and wrongful termination disputes.
Denise graduated from Hamline University School of Law in 1986. She earned her undergraduate degree in Business Administration from Minnesota State University, Mankato.
- Licensed to practice in the State and Federal courts of Minnesota.
- Served for six years as a senior attorney with the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, a federal governmental agency, in Washington, D.C.
- Frequent speaker on ERISA and employment law litigation, with a particular focus on disability issues.
- Served as judicial clerk to the Honorable Pamela Alexander in the Hennepin County District Court.
- Selected to the Minnesota Super Lawyers® list since 2013.