Since 1964, Jerome Rice has provided clients with professional and caring legal representation. Jerry carefully monitors his caseload so that he is able to dedicate the time and energy needed to provide each client with top-quality, personal representation, and keep them advised at every step of their case. As a result, he has developed warm and lasting friendships with many of his clients.
When appropriate, Jerry also affiliates other experienced lawyers from Hellmuth & Johnson to conduct research, assist with depositions and second chair at trial. “I’ve structured my practice so that my clients can be confident that they have all the resources of our firm on their side, as well as a compassionate shoulder to lean on and a caring hand to guide them through the legal process.”
Over the years, Jerry has successfully represented many clients throughout the upper Midwest in state and federal courts, in executive terminations, shareholder disputes, professional malpractice, business breakups, securities cases, agribusiness, banking, insurance disputes, fraud, defamation, and many other diverse cases. Several of his cases have resulted in multi-million dollar personal injury and wrongful death settlements on behalf of his clients.
Jerry has a Pre-eminent AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell. Jerry obtained his J.D. from Harvard Law School and completed his undergraduate studies at St. Olaf College.
- Obtained the largest civil rights verdict in Minnesota in Dick v. Watonwan County Social Services, et al.
- Successfully represented the Committee to Save the Roseau County Seat in state and federal district courts and the court of appeals.
- Successfully represented Marlin Torgeson in a shareholder control dispute for control of Casino Magic Corporation. (Holmes v. Torgeson).
- Jerry is the author of two law-related books and thousands of briefs and memoranda as well as occasional poetry, short stories and memoirs.
- Raven Avenging is his first novel -- learn more about the book at jerryriceravenavenging.com.
Jerry obtained his J.D. from Harvard Law School and completed his undergraduate studies at St. Olaf College.
- Licensed to practice law in the state of Minnesota, the U.S. District Court District of Minnesota; the U.S. Court of Appeals’ 8th and 9th Circuits; the U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit; and the U.S. Supreme Court
- Member of the American Bar Association, the Minnesota Association for Justice, the Minnesota Bar Association, the Hennepin County Bar Association, and the Hennepin County Bench & Bar Committee.
- Recipient of the preeminent "AV" rating (the Top Ranking for Attorneys) by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Named to the Minnesota Super Lawyers® list by Minnesota Law & Politics magazine; only 5% of attorneys in Minnesota are selected each year.