While her many long-term relationships with community associations testify to the quality of Nancy’s work, her experience actually extends across the real estate spectrum to:
- Real estate development
- Community association law
- Residential real estate transactions
- Lender-based collections
Nancy’s in-depth understanding of the real estate market, coupled with her unique perspective as a former mortgage company employee, enables her to provide direct and proactive counsel to clients including builders, developers, banks, condominium and townhouse associations, as well as individuals and entities involved in real estate transactions. Among the services she provides:
- Real estate purchases
- Land acquisition
- Negotiation of commercial leases
- Formation and maintenance of community associations
Representing numerous community associations, she brings considerable insight to all stages of association development – and all association matters – including entity formation, the creation and interpretation of covenants and bylaws, and collections.
Clients rely on Nancy for clear, concise information; a talent for explaining complex legal matters in everyday language; and her ability to anticipate potential issues – a quality particularly valued by associations and builders in the initial development stages. Moreover, when particularly vexing issues arise, clients count on Nancy for the collective wisdom of her fellow practice members.
“We truly function as a team,” she explains. “That’s important in part because it enables practice members to have particular expertise in our niche practice area. So where my knowledge trails off, one of my colleagues will have the answer. That kind of breadth and depth of knowledge is a signal feature of our practice – and a formidable asset for our clients.”
Nancy obtained her J.D. from William Mitchell College of Law, graduating cum laude. She completed her undergraduate studies at the College of Saint Benedict with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English and Business Administration.
- Licensed to practice law in the state courts of Minnesota.
- Member of the Real Property Section of the Hennepin County and Minnesota State Bar Associations, and a member the American Bar Association.
- Active member in CAI-MN, the local chapter of the Community Associations Institute, and was a member of the Board of Directors of CAI-MN, serving as Secretary through September 2016.
- A frequent speaker for continuing education seminars and is a regular resource for and contributor to several print and online publications.