Terry Moore deploys his negotiation skills every day as a problem solver, advisor and litigator for closely held businesses. He serves as outside general counsel and business litigator for clients in a variety of industries. Moore negotiates critical contracts involving business acquisitions, financing, mergers, media rights agreements, private offerings and real estate as well as more routine business documents like leases, sales agreements and employment contracts.
Terry advises business clients in a variety of sectors, with a concentration in broadcasting and healthcare. Drawing on his industry experience and negotiation skills, as well as his background as an entrepreneur, Moore provides counsel in areas ranging from contract negotiations and employment matters to the sale and acquisition of businesses, real estate, regulatory issues and many other matters. Terry was selected as the winner of the Corporate America 2015 M&A Award for Best for Business Aquisitions - Minnesota.
“Throughout my career I have helped clients achieve their objectives by negotiating effectively on their behalf,” says Terry. “It’s the key to transforming desired outcomes into tangible results.”
Terry obtained his J.D. from the University of Minnesota and earned a B.S. in Government from St. John’s University.
- Licensed to practice law in the states of Minnesota and North Dakota.
- Published his first book, Big Force Negotiation: The Eight Skills You Need to Negotiate With Power, in 2012.
- Won a television Emmy award for "Legal Lowdown" as a part of the Game On! program.
- Host of Big Force Radio program (KQRS, Minneapolis)
- Member of the MSBA's "Agriculture and Rural Law" Section
- Organizer and part owner of Da Beauty League, a summer hockey league for professional players.
- Named multiple times a Minnesota Super Lawyer®; only 5% of attorneys in Minnesota are selected each year.
- Frequent lecturer on topics including negotiation tactics, ethics, healthcare marketing boundaries and broadcasting.
- Named “Attorney of the Year” by Minnesota Lawyer in 2006.
- Named a leading Minnesota Healthcare Attorney by Minnesota Physician in 2005.
- Awarded the Minnesota State Bar Association’s President’s Award in 2003.
- Member of the Minnesota Broadcasters Association
- Director of the Minnesota Blades AAA Hockey Club
- Past chair of both the Minnesota State Bar Association’s Civil Litigation Section and the Entertainment Law Section.
- Has worked with the Minnesota Conference of Chief Judges and the Minnesota District Judges Association.