As a founding partner of Hellmuth & Johnson, David has been adding value for clients since the firm’s inception, representing individuals and businesses in civil litigation, creditor’s remedies, banking and financial institutions law, real estate, and community association law.
“Whether it’s a commercial transaction or litigation, the pleasure of my job comes from using my skills not just to achieve the desired results, but to go beyond them,” says David. His record of success has earned him the trust of clients throughout the business community, including small, medium and large businesses of all kinds. It has also made him a sought-after speaker and lecturer on topics in his practice areas, and won him recognition outside the legal realm. David works with a diverse group of businesses, primarily assisting in the real estate, corporate, collection/creditor remedies, banking and finance arena. David also represents a large number of condominium and townhouse associations.
David graduated from the University of Minnesota (B.S., Carlson School of Management) and the William Mitchell College of Law (Juris Doctor, Cum Laude). During college, David served as the President of the Phi Kappa Psi fraternity. During law school, David studied comparative European Community Law at Regents College in London, England.
- David has been chosen for inclusion in the Minnesota Super Lawyers® list annually since 2005, only 5% of the attorneys in Minnesota are voted by their peers to be on this prestigious list.
- In 2006, David was named “Small Business Person of the Year” by the Eden Prairie Chamber of Commerce.
- David is the chief author and co-editor of the quarterly publication, The Authority on Community Association Law.
- David serves on the Board of Directors for a local bank.
- David has served on, and chaired, the Board of Directors of the Minnesota Chapter of the Community Associations Institute.
- David is a longtime member of the Hazeltine National Golf Club.