Earl Cohen focuses his practice in the broad areas of estate, business, asset protection and business succession planning, and estate and trust administration. He assists his individual and business clients with the organization, operation and, when necessary, financial reorganization of their business and/or individual interests.
Tapping over 40 years of legal experience, Earl regularly provides professional and business clients with asset protection strategies as part of their estate and business plans, and advises fiduciaries and beneficiaries on their obligations and rights. He also serves as counsel and special advisor to businesses ranging from food production to high-tech computer manufacturing and software.
Earl earned his J.D. at the University of Minnesota Law School. He earned his B.S., with distinction, in Business Administration at the University of Minnesota.
- Admitted to practice in the State of Minnesota, the District of Columbia, the U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, the U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, and the U.S. Tax Court.
- Member of the Hennepin County Bar Association, the Minnesota State Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Financial Planning Association, the International Association for Financial Planning and the Financial Planning Association (Counsel).
- Named repeatedly to the Minnesota Super Lawyers® list, including 2017; only 5% of attorneys in Minnesota are selected each year.
- Named repeatedly a “Top 40 Trust & Estate Planning and Elder Law Super Lawyer” by Minnesota Law & Politics magazine.
- Since 1995 Earl has served on the Board of Directors of United Systems Technology, Inc., a publicly traded software development firm in Dallas, Texas.
- From 1978-1986 Earl served as Chairman for Kensington Properties, Inc., a full service real estate development and management company specializing in property rehabilitation and secondary markets with successful developments throughout the Upper Midwest and North Dakota, Minnesota, Illinois and Missouri.
- Frequently teaches classes and leads seminars on a wide variety of legal issues.