Health Professional Licensing
We advise health professionals on matters related to licensing – and defend them against threats to their licensure. As licensing boards have become more aggressive in responding to complaints by the public and former employers, the need for experienced and informed counsel and wise advocacy has never been greater.
Hellmuth & Johnson’s Health Professional Licensing team represents physicians, nurses, psychologists, dentists, pharmacists, psychologists and other health professionals on a wide range of matters, from assisting in investigations and providing representation in investigating interviews, to drafting written responses to inquiries and representing clients at Conferences before the Board.
If the matter is not dismissed or an agreement cannot be reached, we are able to provide representation in the Administrative Hearing process, and on Appeal if need be.
We also can provide guidance and advice in responding to inquiries on license renewal forms and credentialing documents.
The Health Professional Licensing Practice is headed by Marshall Tanick, a seasoned representative of physicians, veterinarians and other health professionals; and Teresa Ayling, a former R.N. with unique insight into the issues and challenges facing nurses and other health professionals working in hospitals, home care and nursing home settings.
- Advising health professionals who are concerned about a potential report to their licensing board.
- Assisting in the investigatory process by responding to subpoenas, document requests and investigative interviews.
- Drafting written responses to Board inquiries and Notices of Conference.
- Representing clients at Board Conferences.
- Attempting to negotiate resolution if the matter is not dismissed at the Conference Stage or before.
- Defending clients in the Administrative Hearing, if the matter is not resolved at the Conference stage.
- Advising on how to respond to troubling license renewal and credentialing questions.