We aim to ensure the insurer pays you the benefits to which you are entitled. Whether our team of ERISA attorneys in Minneapolis is helping you bring a long-term or short-term disability claim for benefits, appealing a denial of benefits, or initiating litigation because your remedies have been exhausted, we aim to ensure that the insurer pays you and that your case is handled with the expertise, empathy, detail, and care you deserve.
Generally, any insurance policy that is issued as a benefit to your employment (such as disability, health, and life insurance) is covered by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA). Under ERISA regulations, the insurer is required to give your claim for benefits a full and fair review, to review all supportive documentation thoroughly, and to inform you of the reasons for any denial of benefits as well as the ways in which you can perfect your claim.
Our ERISA attorneys know Minnesota laws to a tee; we have successfully resolved numerous complex ERISA claims and will work hard to make sure that the insurer complies with ERISA regulations so you receive the insurance benefits you are owed. We can help by advising you whether to file a claim for benefits, assisting you submit a claim, drafting an internal appeal for benefits upon denial, or initiating a court action on your behalf.
Whether you are looking for a health insurance or employee benefits attorney in the Minneapolis area, you can be assured that our skilled team of attorneys has the experience to successfully argue your case. Our team has extensive experience representing all aspects of insurance legal claims. We will carefully monitor the insurer's compliance with ERISA, compile and submit the evidence most favorable to your claim, present the best arguments supported by facts and case law, and ensure that a full and complete record is being compiled should your claim be denied and you find yourself having to battle the insurer in court.
Many people with long-term, short-term, health, and life insurance claims turn to Hellmuth & Johnson's ERISA lawyers for assistance in not only advising them on their claims, but also in shouldering some of the burden that often accompanies the convoluted claims process. When dealing with disabilities, health issues, or loss of loved ones, you need a supportive team that you can trust will handle your claim properly. Our ERISA attorneys and experienced team members will work hard to make sure you receive the benefits to which you are entitled while balancing the financial and emotional costs that often go into fighting insurance claims.
Questions? Contact us or request a meeting.
- Evaluation of Disability, Life, Health, and Pension Benefit Package
- Consultation regarding Benefit Application Considerations
- Consultation regarding Planning and Strategies for Leaving Work due to Sickness, Disability, Retirement, etc.
- Benefit Application Assistance
- Claim File and Medical Document Review
- Consultation regarding filing an Appeal of a Denial of Benefits with an Insurer
- Gather Evidence in Support of an Appeal
- Communicate with Treating Physicians regarding Favorable Medical Reports and Statements
- Recommend Vocational Analysis Evaluations, Functional Capacity Evaluations, and other Objective Tests
- Prepare Appeal on a Claimant’s Behalf
- Communicate with the Insurer regarding all Claim Issues
- Ensure the Insurer Maintains ERISA Compliance
- Request updated Claim Files
- Ensure a favorable Record is compiled should the Claim for Benefits be litigated in Federal Court
- Litigate ERISA Claims for Benefits in Federal Court
- Hellmuth & Johnson attorneys named to the 2017 Minnesota Super Lawyers and Rising Stars lists 07.05.17
- Three Hellmuth & Johnson lawyers named to Super Lawyers' Top Women Attorneys in Minnesota 2017 List 04.26.17
- Denise Tataryn to co-present at "Disability" CLE 06.01.16
- Denise Tataryn presented at 15th Annual Disability Insurance Day 05.09.16
- Denise Tataryn spoke at disability seminar 09.23.15
- Teresa Ayling, Denise Tataryn and Andrew Hippert to present CLE 03.20.14
- Denise Tataryn article on ERISA litigation for pension funds published by Lawyer Monthly 01.30.14
- Denise Tataryn to speak at Litigation Disability Insurance Claims conference in NY 01.07.14
- No Joke: New Disability Regulations To Go Into Effect April 1, 2018 02.08.18
- Important legislation to protect those claiming disability benefits 03.03.16
- Most asked questions regarding disability benefits 02.23.16
- Can an employer require a disabled employee to take a fitness for duty evaluation? 10.19.15
- Options when disability forces work changes 04.14.15
- Cigna agrees to multi-state regulatory settlement agreement 06.14.13