Intellectual property is a tangible asset – and maybe your most valuable one. Nothing is more powerful than a big idea, or more vulnerable if left unprotected. Consequently, we created the intellectual property practice to prevent the theft, loss and misuse of intellectual property. We foster the development of your brands, products, business processes and creative assets; enabling you to secure and realize their full value. Our intellectual property lawyers wield deep experience in this high-stakes, highly complex area of law.
Working with new and established brands alike, we focus on the development, documentation, protection and proper uses of intellectual property assets, including trademarks, patents, copyrights, and trade secrets. From patent defense attorneys to trademark attorneys and copyright lawyers, Hellmuth & Johnson's intellectual property legal practice can help protect your business or idea from theft and misuse.
Our clients receive solid legal advice regarding IP creation, ownership, exploitation and revenue generation, whether through their own direct business activities, or licenses, assignments or joint ventures with others. We also provide due diligence and guidance in mergers and acquisitions related to intellectual property assets, as well as business deals between the target and acquirer or suitor.
Drawing on our transactional and litigation experience in IP matters, our intellectual property attorneys negotiate and draft agreements to proactively avoid misunderstandings, breaches and disputes. If a problem arises involving an intellectual property asset or agreement, we work closely with our clients to help evaluate options, then implement the plan to achieve the best possible solution. We also know how to resolve disputes in every forum, agency, panel, arbitration setting or courtroom. Your ideas are too valuable for us to offer you anything less.
- Review & advise on IP assets; from formation & ownership to use, licensing & sales
- Copyright & Trademark registration, documentation and maintenance
- Contract drafting and review
- Trade secret and non-competition/non-disclosure evaluation and enforcement
- IP audits and infringement assessments
- Assessing exploitation opportunities and partners
- Enforcement of licenses, assignments, transfers and related royalty/revenue terms
- Arbitrations, litigation and representation before the USPTO or Copyright Registrar
- Patent litigation
- Mergers & Acquisitions due diligence and deal drafting
- Mick Spence presents Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad? Entertainment Litigation, and yes, Prince! CLE 03.10.17
- Priceless Prince Photos Recovered Same Day Lawsuit is Served 11.01.16
- Marshall Tanick interviewed by Fox 9 regarding robocalls 10.21.16
- Kate Andresen to co-host MSBA roundtable on IP 101 02.06.15