We’re a natural for sports and entertainment clients. Passionate commitment, industry knowledge, hands-on experience – we share all these traits with our creative clients and complement them with a unique set of skills that enable them to exercise their talents while we take care of business.
Our entertainment lawyers work with household names on a global scale – furthering your work and protecting your interests in an environment where old business models no longer cut it. Whether you’re looking to protect intellectual property, its creators and the businesses who use it, or for assistance with licensing and infringement claims, Hellmuth & Johnson has the experience and legal resources you need to ensure your business and its ideas are properly protected. From drafting and negotiating deals to evaluating entertainment assets, our entertainment attorneys liberate creative people and businesses to do what they do best.
Our team of lawyers leverage years of experience with a clear vision and the latest industry knowledge to secure the full value of creative output across all realms of sports and entertainment; including music, film, television, digital media, publishing, production, broadcasting and distribution. We also represent clients in matters related to asset and estate management, financing and project investment issues, as well as litigation and dispute resolution.
Entertainment and sports clients want to focus on creating, performing and producing. Our job is to clear your path by making sure you remain on firm legal and business footing every step of the way.
- Advertising content creation & clearance advice
- Music, Film, TV, Internet, Social Media, Publishing, Production, Distribution & Sports
- Copyright & Trademark registration, licensing and infringement claims
- Contract drafting, review, advice and negotiations
- Protecting intellectual property, its creators and the businesses who use it
- Collection & audits of royalties or profit participation deals
- Financing and investment in creative productions or entities
- Asset portfolio management, auditing and exploitation
- Rights of publicity, privacy and defamation claims
- Estate advice related to entertainment assets & contracts
- Litigation & dispute resolution of all entertainment & sports industry matters
- Mick Spence presents Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad? Entertainment Litigation, and yes, Prince! CLE 03.10.17
- Priceless Prince Photos Recovered Same Day Lawsuit is Served 11.01.16
- Mick Spence to speak at Twin Cities Film Fest 10.25.13
- Max Felsheim elected Chair of MSBA's Art and Entertainment Law Section 06.14.13
- Mick Spence at Twin Cities Theater Board Member Appreciation event 05.13.13
- Hellmuth & Johnson names Maxwell Felsheim as newest associate 01.03.13