Maxwell S. Felsheim is an attorney with Hellmuth & Johnson and practices in the areas of intellectual property, business and entertainment law. He represents individuals and entities with a variety of business and litigation issues including:
- Entity formation and organization
- Intellectual property protection, counseling and litigation
- Business litigation
- Business transactions and formations
- Commercial disputes and litigation
- Contract negotiation and drafting
“Many of the people I represent – including artists, entertainers, musicians and sports figures – work in a complex and continuously evolving sector, and their need for competent business and legal advice is all the greater because their talents are so concentrated in the creative realm,” explains Max. “Moreover, in many cases the more they focus on commerce, the less able they are to focus on their art. And that’s where I come in.”
Max leverages his legal skills on behalf of creative clients to protect their interests and realize the full value of their talents and assets throughout the arts, entertainment and sports realms, including music, film, television, digital media, publishing, production, broadcasting and distribution. He also represents clients in matters related to asset management, financing and project investment issues, and litigation and dispute resolution.
“My job,” says Max, "is to give my clients the information they need to make informed decisions, determine the best way to advance their goals and protect their interests – and then get out of the way so that they can do what they do best.”
Maxwell obtained his Juris Doctorate degree from William Mitchell College of Law. He completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Minnesota’s Carlson School of Management, with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting.
- Licensed to practice in the State and Federal Courts in Minnesota.
- Member of the Hennepin County and Minnesota State Bar Associations, and Vice-Chair of the Minnesota State Bar Association’s Arts & Entertainment Law Section.
- Serves on the board of Directors of Vega Productions, a non-profit organization that produces live musical events and the award-winning Minnesota Beatles Project to rebuild and revitalize music and arts education in Minnesota.